Frequently Asked Questions
Questions? Start Here.
How do I upgrade to another subscription level?
- Go to: https://creativenonfiction.org/my-account/ (Log in if you’re not already)
- Click “My Subscription” on your dashboard
- Click the “Upgrade/Downgrade” button
- On the “CNF Subscription” product page, there are three dropdown options on the right hand side:
- Under “Level” select “Supporting”6. Under “Billing” select “Annual”7. Under “Auto Renew” select either “On” or “Off” depending on your preference. The product should look like this:
- Click “Subscribe now”
- Go to the Shopping cart: https://creativenonfiction.org/cart/ and you’ll see a prorated price:
- Finally, click “Proceed to Checkout” and complete your order.
Note: If you upgrade to a Supporting or sustaining subscriber level, as long as you’re logged in to the site, you will be able to take advantage of priority registration, pLUS a 10% discount will be automatically applied to all books, back issues, and education programs (courses, webinars, etc.).
I have an existing print subscription; how do I access the digital archive?
If you have an existing active print subscription to Creative Nonfiction (or True Story) magazine, there is a unique profile already waiting for you, but you will need to reset your password before you can access the complete archive.
Here’s how to rest your password:
- Click here.
- Enter the email address connected to your subscription (Having trouble? Email us).
- Click “RESET PASSWORD.”
- Follow the instructions provided in the “Password Reset Request” email (you may have to check your spam folder if the email does not show up in your inbox).
- Once you’ve successfully reset your password, go to My Account.
- Login using your email and newly created password.
- Check “Remember Me” and click “Log in.”
We encourage you to explore the new website, and especially the archive. [Please note that we’re still working on some formatting updates, particularly with the older issues of the magazine.]
Please let us know if you run into any problems; you can contact us here. This is a new system, and we’re here to help.
I haven’t received the most recent issue; how can I get a replacement copy?
Please email us at [email protected], and we will be in touch with an update as soon as possible.
How soon can I expect my first issue?
We typically mail the first issue of your subscription within a week of receiving your order.