Help CNF Help Writers!
As we approach the end of our fiscal year, we're taking stock of the past year. It's been a busy one, full of change and growth:
- We published magazine issues about "Waiting," "Making a Living," "The Weather," and "Marriage"—featuring new work by more than 50 writers;
- The "Writing Away the Stigma" program helped 12 writers develop narratives about surviving mental illness;
- The "Writing Pittsburgh" project is bringing together writers to work on telling the story of modern Pittsburgh's rise to national prominence;
- Oh, Baby! and Show Me All Your Scars provided writers with a space to tell unvarnished truths about parenthood and mental illness;
- The 2016 Creative Nonfiction Writers' Conference brought more than 150 writers together in Pittsburgh to learn more about the genre and take the next steps in their professional journeys as writers
- CNF moved from a two-room office to a freestanding building with more space for staff, volunteers, and (soon!) events.
We couldn't do any of this without help from our friends. As you may know, CNF is a small nonprofit organization, and we depend on the generosity of those who know us best—that means individuals like you!
We rely in part on support from foundations, too, but being able to show support from individuals puts us in a stronger position with major funders.
We hope that you will consider making a tax-deductible donation before June 30 in support of CNF's programs—the magazine and the books, the online classes, the conference, and the mentoring program.
Now, as we're growing, we need your help more than ever. Your donation in any amount goes directly to offsetting the costs of our many programs.
Give by mail:
Creative Nonfiction Foundation
5119 Coral Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15224