Help CNF Help Writers!
As we setle into 2017, we're taking stock of recent accomplishments. Last year was a busy one, full of change and growth:
- We published magazine issues about The Weather, Marriage, Childhood, and Learning from Nature—featuring new work by more than 50 writers;
- We launched the first issue of a brand-new magazine, True Story, featuring one exceptional story each month;
- The Writing Away the Stigma program helped 12 writers develop narratives about surviving mental illness;
- The Writing Pittsburgh project is bringing together writers to work on telling the story of modern Pittsburgh's rise to national prominence;
- Show Me All Your Scars and What I Didn't Know provided writers with a space to tell unvarnished truths about mental illness and becoming a teacher;
- The 2016 Creative Nonfiction Writers' Conference brought more than 150 writers together in Pittsburgh to learn more about the genre and take the next steps in their professional journeys as writers
- CNF moved from a two-room office to a freestanding building with more space for staff, volunteers, and (soon!) events.
We couldn't do any of this without help from our friends. As you may know, CNF is a small nonprofit organization, and we depend on the generosity of those who know us best—that means individuals like you!
We rely in part on support from foundations, too, but being able to show support from individuals puts us in a stronger position with major funders.
Now, as we're growing, we need your help more than ever. Your donation in any amount goes directly to offsetting the costs of our many programs.
Give by mail:
Creative Nonfiction Foundation
5119 Coral Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15224
Or donate online now: